Wednesday, July 16, 2008

This is like deja vu all over again


i was watching the all star game last night with my dad and yogi berra was on and my dad said he said some pretty smart things as baller, so i checked it out. here are some of my favorite ones.

"The towels were so thick there I could hardly close my suitcase."
"I never blame myself when I'm not hitting. I just blame the bat, and if it keeps up, I change bats. After all, if I know it isn't my fault that I'm not hitting, how can I get mad at myself?"
"Yeah, but we're making great time!" -- In reply to "Hey Yogi, I think we're lost."
"If you come to a fork in the road, take it."
"Slump? I ain't in no slump. I just ain't hitting."
"You better cut the pizza in four pieces because I'm not hungry enough to eat six."
"Nobody goes there anymore; it's too crowded."
"I knew I was going to take the wrong train, so I left early."
"I want to thank you for making this day necessary." -- On Yogi Berra Appreciation Day in St. Louis in 1947.

1 comment:

Graham said...

hahah that last quote is one of the best i've heard